Home > Our PTSO > Scholarship
DHS PTSO Senior Scholarship
DHS Outstanding Senior Scholarships – Applications Open Now
Deadline to Apply – Monday, March 14, 2022 Extended to Sunday, March 20
The PTSO is offering four (4) scholarships that recognize outstanding seniors from the class of 2022. There are two categories - Outstanding Senior Scholar and Outstanding Senior Wildcat – each scholarship is a one-time award of $1,000. PTSO will award 2 scholarships in each category. The PTSO Outstanding Senior Awards are open to all DHS seniors who meet the requirements.
Applicants should be well-rounded individuals. Award criteria will weigh academic achievement, school activities, community commitment, work experience, special honors/recognitions, and leadership. The Outstanding Senior Scholars should have a cumulative GPA of 4.0 or higher. The Outstanding Senior Wildcats should have a cumulative GPA between a 3.0 and 3.99.
For 2022 – the application will be submitted online, and all supporting documents will also be submitted online. Please read the directions carefully and request your documentation early. Finalists will be selected for interviews and winners will be announced by the end of April.
Questions, please contact Sherry Hodor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to Apply:
You will fill out the application in Word and submit via email to email@example.com
Please save your document as YOURNAME_APPLICATION before you submit.
2) Request A Letter of Recommendation
Do this immediately. Recommendations will be submitted as a Google Form. ALL RECOMMENDATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 14, 2022.
Please send this link Recommendation Form 2022 to the person who will provide a recommendation. The form will be submitted directly to the Scholarship Committee.
3) Transcript from Infinite Campus
Log into Infinite Campus, Select Documents, Select Unofficial Transcript from Dunwoody High School. This will download a PDF. Please email that PDF with your application.
4) Request Your Student Discipline Report from DHS
Student Discipline information is confidential and will only be released to you/your parent directly. You can request a discipline report from Audra Curry – Audra_j_curry@dekalbschoolsga.org or Mr. Blake – Stacey_c_blake@dekalbschoolsga.org. They will send you the report that must be forwarded with the application to the committee.
5) Verify that you are a 2021-2022 PTSO Member
Check your PTSO Membership status and/or join here: dunwoodyptso.membershiptoolkit.com
- After logging in, go to My Account, then Previous Orders.
- If you have a previous order, click on the order number and it will list if you paid for DHS PTSO Family Membership or PTSO Individual Student Dues (with your name as the student).
6) Send your completed Application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 14, 2022. Please save your document as YOURNAME_APPLICATION before you submit. The committee will email you to let you know that it has been received. The following items need to be included:
- Application document in Word
- Your Transcript from Infinite Campus
- Your Discipline Report from Mr. Blake