Chromebooks will be issued starting August 10th, please follow the procedures outlined in this communication to receive a Chromebook.
In preparation for distribution, we need your assistance with the following:
- Every student must have a signed User Agreement. Please click HERE or copy and paste the following link: https://dekalb.incidentiq.com/policy/b23a1fa1-4949-4c30-abd5-cb22bb38e5ff/lookup
- If a student has a DCSD (DeKalb County School District) Chromebook, they will not be able to obtain a new device until their old one has been returned and we can confirm that the device, charger, and bag are in working condition.
- Chromebook distribution will begin next week during homeroom pending receipt of a signed User Agreement.
- Please review the insurance information (optional) found on this link: https://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/digital-dreamers/device-request/. The district has vetted options for those parents/guardians who choose to purchase device coverage for stolen or damaged devices. This is not a required fee to receive a device but is highly recommended. Each parent is to contact the desired carrier directly.
Note: Purchase of Insurance is a transaction between the company and parent/guardian, not the school district.
- Uninsured devices: The parent/guardian is responsible for the full cost of all devices lost, stolen, or damaged beyond repair.
- School-issued Chromebooks are required for MAP & EOC (End of Course) testing; personal devices may NOT be used for mandated assessments.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Chester R. Smith
For Chromebook assistance, submit a ticket here via DeKalb County Schools.
The Digital Dreamers comprehensive technology program is the district’s initiative to increase students’ technological footprint and prepare them to be globally competitive students. In order to support this initiative, all students at Dunwoody HS are eligible to receive a Google Chromebook. The Chromebook is considered educational material, and just like a traditional textbook, all students are required to have this resource to support teaching, learning, and assessment.
If you have any questions concerning the Digital Dreamers initiative, email Ms. Wiles, Assistant Principal.