Dunwoody High School is closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday and Friday, 11/25-26. School resumes on Monday 11/29. Enjoy the holiday!
DHS Counseling Dept To Host Virtual Meeting About Grade Selection on 12/9
Mr. Andy Jameson, Assistant Principal of Instruction, and The Dunwoody High School Counseling Department will host a virtual meeting for Rising 10th (Class of 2025), 11th (Class of 2024), and 12th (Class of 2023) grade students and their families, to discuss the course selection process for the 2022-2023 School Year on Thursday, December 9th at 6:00 pm.
This meeting will be held in both English and Spanish. A link to this virtual meeting will be made available on December 9th on the Counseling Weebly page.
DHS Final Exam Schedule
The final exam schedule for DHS is listed below. Remember that the last day of the semester, Friday, December 17 is a half-day / early release day for students. Students will be dismissed at 12:20 on that day.
Thursday, December 16
- regular bell schedule
- all four periods will meet
- final exams will be given in 3rd and 4th period
Friday, December 17
- half- day / early release day
- only 1st and 2nd periods will meet, and exams will be given in those classes
- students will have lunch at school
- dismissal at 12:20
More information will be released concerning the requirements and process for seniors to exempt final exams.
Senior Parents: Senior Ads and Portrait Selection
Senior Recognition Ads are now open. They can be completed through Jostens.com. Parents have until December 17 to complete their ads.
Donate to the Annual Fund
Pay Class Dues, Club Fee and much more!
To pay fees such as Class Dues, Club Fees, Sports Fees (for example, Basketball, Best Buddies, Beta Club, French Club and much more), click here to go to the Wildcat Webstore page.
From the Discipline Office
Attention Students! Please be advised that administrators and school staff will be giving afterschool detentions for dress code violations effective immediately. There will be no more warnings. The most common dress code violations are:
Sagging pants, spaghetti strapped and midriff shirts, too short shorts, hats and hoodies
If you question if something is appropriate to wear to school then do not wear it. If your dress code violation cannot be corrected, you will have to call your parent to bring appropriate clothing.
VAPING IN THE BATHROOM
Students - Administration is concerned about vaping in the bathrooms at Dunwoody. Students caught with any nicotine vaping product will be suspended for three days and THC vape devices will be 5 or more days of suspension. The charge of possession will be given to any student having vaping products on them or in their personal belongings. Thank you for keeping our school drug free.
Students who park in the neighborhoods surrounding Dunwoody High School, please be respectful of our neighbors. Don't block driveways, mailboxes or park too close to intersections. Always park in the direction of traffic.
Please be reminded ALL parking spaces on campus are assigned to faculty, staff, and senior students who were chosen in the lottery at the beginning of the school year. There are no vacant spaces available on campus except the VISITOR parking spaces in the front of the school.
Please do not pull into a parking space for "just a minute" to run in or pick up/drop off a student, as it can cause a student waiting to park to be late to class, or a faculty/staff member to have to wait until you return to your car to park. Thank you for your cooperation!
MTK requires each family to have a log-in account for our website.
Creating an account is FREE and EASY!
Your log-in account lets you see the site’s content, access the directory, make online PTSO donations, and sign up for volunteer opportunities. Note: if you have an account with MTK through another school, you may use the same log-in and password. However, you will need to enter your contact and student information on the DHS website as each school maintains a separate database of information.
Once you have created your account on MTK, we hope you will consider contributing to our school’s success by considering the following:
- Join the PTSO! Each year, our teachers strive to have 100% participation in membership. Following the Wildcat Way, we want our families to strive for 100% family participation in membership. Please note, Senior planning to apply for a PTSO-sponsored scholarship must have an individual or family membership for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Donate to the Annual Fund! The DHS PTSO Annual Fund is used to support DHS students and teachers. These donations are essential to provide high-quality programs and activities that would otherwise not be possible. These funds provide instructional materials, professional development, student recognition, PTSO scholarships, campus beautification, and PTSO-sponsored student events. This is our only fundraiser for the year – so please donate TODAY!
- We need your talents! The DHS PTSO offers numerous ways for parents to become involved in the school. Please review the volunteer opportunities on our website and sign up! Calls for volunteers are also sent out via our weekly e-blasts, so look for more ways to get involved.
- Stay up to date on latest DHS news! Visit this website regularly, follow us on Facebook (Dunwoody High School PTSO), and subscribe to receive our DHS New e-blasts. Meeting reminders, announcements, schedule changes, letters from administration and more are included in the DHS News e-blasts. You are automatically subscribed when you create an account, and you can change your subscription at any time by logging on and going to My Account / Manage Subscriptions.
DHS PTSO Executive Board
Spring Break Trip 2023 Student Trip to Italy
Students from Dunwoody High School are being offered the opportunity to participate in an international educational trip to explore Italy during Spring Break 2023. Students must take at least 1 Social Studies AP course to be eligible to sign up (including next year's courses). Get all the details at the upcoming virtual information session.
You must register here https://bit.ly/2XxpOLr before September 22nd to receive the Zoom link and qualify for $200 off the price of the tour. Can’t make it but want the details? Click the registration link above and select “No but send info.”
If you have any questions about the opportunity, please reach out to Mr. Berry at Michael_Berry@dekalbschoolsga.
Consider the deeper meaning of "Beautiful Italy" as you experience its art, history and culture. In Venice, cars and roads give way to gondolas and canals, redefining what a city can be. The world's best collection of Renaissance art awaits in Florence. And in Rome, behold Michelangelo's take on creation at the Sistine Chapel and retrace the footsteps of ancient Romans at the Colosseum.
We are seeing a lot of parents sign-up for REMIND messages for each class. This is OK, but REMIND is intended for Students to receive important grade-specific information from class sponsors. Click here for information on Remind.
- Freshman Code: @dw2025
- Sophomore Code: @dwood2024
- Junior Code: @dwood2023
- Senior Code: @dwood2022
DHS Academy of Finance Business Directory
Since 1999, the DHS Academy of Finance has exposed 11th and 12th grade students to many facets of business to prepare them for the increasingly competitive workplace. Think of it as a “mini” MBA where students take courses in corporate finance, marketing, entrepreneurship, and more.
Click here for more info on Game On! Click on the logo below to donate.
Looking for an item no longer on the website?
Dunwoody High School conforms with the open enrollment requirements pursuant to O.C.G.A 20-2-2066 (admission, enrollment, and withdrawal of students) and SBOE Rule 160-4-9-.05 (Charter Schools Petition Process).
- How do I join the PTSO?
- How do I sign up for DHS eNews?
- What's the Parent Portal log-in?
- How to get a Portal activation key
- How do I get the Portal App?
- What is the dress code?
- What if my child needs medicine?
- What if my child is absent?
- Chromebook Help
- What are the parking rules?
- What are the visitor rules? (Covid)